The Conference will examine critical issues in theory, research, and best practices in university academic and professional writing courses. The conference will focus on five (5) central questions about academic and professional writing:
- What are the current theoretical and technological frameworks?
- What does research tell us about the range and effectiveness of writing programs/courses?
- What do we know about current theory-based, research driven best practices?
- What are current directions in evaluating writing program effectiveness?
- What are future directions in research and best practices?
This conference will provide an opportunity to continue the University of Maryland’s progressive history of attention to writing. National and international writing studies scholars will share information to guide the future education of our academic and professional writing students from all disciplines across campus.
Shirley Logan and Wayne Slater, Conference Co-Chairs, University of Maryland Campus Writing Board